Whether you're new to Little Rock, new to our studio, or new to yoga, we want you to feel welcome and at home whenever you walk through our doors. We love new students, and we want to make visiting us as easy as possible. Here are a few tips for newcomers:
- Take advantage of our new student special! Purchase our introductory offer, and you'll get 10 days of unlimited classes for only $10. This means you can try out as many classes as you like to get a feel for our different class styles and teachers. You can purchase this pass online or in the studio at any time -- your 10 day trial won't begin until you attend your first class.
- Attend one of our Introduction to the Studio sessions. If you're nervous about coming to a new place or curious about what yoga is all about, Intro is a great way to ease into things. You don't have to wear certain clothes or bring any equipment, as you won't be practicing any physical movement. The best part? This class is always FREE! (Even though it's free, we still encourage you to sign up online.)
- Arrive early for your first class. Allow yourself plenty of time to get signed in, to meet the teacher and other students, and to familiarize yourself with the studio. We suggest arriving at least 15 minutes before the class starts.
- Bring a mat and some water. (We do have a limited number of mats available if you don't have one, though.) We provide towels and props, so no need to bring those, unless you want to.
- Dress comfortably in clothes that allow you to move easily. Take note, though: "Comfortable" doesn't always mean "loose." Clothing that's too loose can often get in your way. (For example, if you're wearing a really baggy shirt and you bend over in a forward fold, the excess material will fall in your face.)
- Most importantly, come as you are. However you look, however you feel, you are perfectly suited to begin practicing at WLR Yoga. Our studio is a safe, non-judgmental, and accepting space. So what are you waiting for? Come see us!