- Where are you located? In the Market Place Shopping Center, just off Rodney Parham. We're between Diane's and Subway. You can find a map with our exact location at the bottom of each page.
- I'm new to yoga. What do I need to know? We love newbies! So much so, in fact, that we've created a page just for you.
- I'm inflexible/out of shape/old/type-a/etc., and I'm not sure yoga is right for me. Is yoga really for everyone? Yes, it is, especially the way we teach it. Our instructors are skilled at teaching all types of students with all different kinds of abilities. We have specialty classes designed to suit a variety of needs. We accept you just as you are, but we stand ready to help you make any changes you desire.
- Are your classes heated? Most of them are, but the degree varies. Some classes, such as Level 0 classes, are not heated at all. But classes that offer more movement typically will be. Simply put, warmer muscles are safer muscles. For slower, more restorative classes, we create this warmth by heating the room slightly. In more energetic classes, the warmth is created through a combination of increased movement, breathing techniques, and higher ambient temperatures. For higher level classes, a cleansing sweat is often a desirable part of the practice. But unlike other facilities, the focus of our studio is not on the sweating and heat. Our teachers are mindful of the room temp throughout the classes, and we always encourage you to listen to your body, and rest when needed.
- What do I need to bring? Water and a mat (although we can help with those if you forget). We have a variety of props in our classrooms, but you're always welcome to bring your own. We also provide small towels, but if you sweat a lot, you might want to bring a larger towel, or one specifically designed for a hot yoga practice. (We sell those types of towels in our retail space.)
- What should I wear? Comfortable clothing that allows for unrestricted movement. Clothing that is too baggy or too tight can often impede your ability to move freely and easily. For warmer classes, you may find breathable, lighter fabrics to be more comfortable than cotton or other thick, heavy fabrics.
- How should I prepare for class? Always stay hydrated. We recommend avoiding heavy food for a couple of hours before class, though light snacks are usually fine. Out of respect for your fellow classmates, please avoid wearing heavy scents or smoking before class, or coming to class with any type of heavy odor.
- When should I arrive? The studio opens 20 minutes before class time. We recommend you arrive at least 15 minutes before class. It's best to give yourself plenty of time to put your things away, settle in, and prepare for class. If you need assistance with your account, would like to make a purchase, or you need to speak with the instructor, please give yourself extra time to do so.
- What products do you sell in your retail space? We offer quality products that enhance your yoga practice and your life. You'll find essential gear like mats, clothing, bags, and mat cleaner, along with plenty of just-for-fun items. We sell bigger brands like Manduka and ZYIA, but we love showcasing smaller, local brands, too. (If you have a product that you think might be a good fit for the studio, please contact us.)